Sunday, September 19, 2010

Prosthetic Memory

Soundtrack:  She Loves You - The Beatles.


20th September 2010.

Dear Journal.

Today I listened to my Beatles records.
They seem emblematic of a time of freedom and youth rebellion. 
A rising social movement echoed in every fan.
The Beatles in their entirety represented fashion, danger and rebellion.
Every girl and boy fantasised about the fame associated with Ringo, George, Paul, and John. 
This was Beatlemania.
Their tour opened New Zealand teenagers up to a world outside.
I wasn't there, but I have memories of the tour as if I was. 
Beatles haircuts, screaming girls, records and magazine clippings.  
Fans waiting at Wellington airport and outside their hotel.
Girls and boys missing school.
All recollected from the images of the tour. 
This was 1964.  


  





 


No comments:

Post a Comment